Job Title: Corporate Controller
For nearly 20 years, Coolibar (koo-luh-bar) has stopped at nothing to develop the most innovative, technical and high performing sun protective apparel and accessories. In fact, we are the first sun protective clothing company to receive The Skin Cancer Foundation’s Seal of Recommendation.
OUR MISSION is to keep the world safe from sun damage, to protect those with a sun-related medical condition and to prevent everyone else from developing one. We believe everyone deserves the right to an active, outdoor lifestyle in the sun, so we promise Coolibar clothing and accessories are UPF 50+.
Coolibar, headquartered in Minneapolis, MN is a mission driven e-commerce retailer. A small company, Coolibar is a big retail success in providing sun protection for our global customers. Experiencing double digit business growth over the last 7 years, the Coolibar team has grown to over 60 full-time employees. Working at Coolibar employees have the opportunity to learn and develop, while contributing to the company’s mission and success. Come grow with Coolibar!
Coolibar offers a solid benefits and compensation package including; healthcare, life and disability coverage, 401(k) plan/match, PTO and employee discount on product.
Plan, direct and manage all accounting operational functions, including consolidation, month and year end and audit management. In this hands-on position, you will partner with the CFO to implement and refine processes and disciplines related to reporting, internal controls and compliance. This position reports to the CFO and works extensively with department heads and team members.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage and direct finance/accounting team operations, including general ledger, accounts payable, billings & collections, state sales tax payments and payroll
- Responsible for month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations and G/L analysis
- Oversee cash management and production of cash-flow reports, ensuring that cash needs are understood and met
- Assist with the management, production and monitoring of the annual budget and forecasts
- Prepares or directs preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial forecasts, annual budgets, general financial reporting and/or reports required by regulatory agencies
- Evaluate, implement and streamline policies, procedures, controls and methodologies to ensure accuracy, compliance and efficiency
- Manage and facilitate the external audit relationship, including coordination of quarterly reviews and the annual audit, and serve as the company's primary contact on technical issues.
- Become power user of SAP B1 ERP system’s accounting and finance functionality and reporting capabilities. Develop deep understanding of proper data setup and flow from other corporate teams to ensure systems continue to work appropriately as accounting functionality and data are directly impacted data and setup changes
- Evaluate new technical accounting developments and recommend appropriate actions.
Required Skills and Qualifications Overview
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Masters or CPA a plus
- 10+ years accounting experience
- 10+ years of progressive financial (GAAP) accounting and reporting management experience
- Experience in reporting and financial analysis
- Ability to function as a builder of processes, systems and business understanding
- The ideal candidate should be highly scalable, possess excellent analytical, critical thinking and communication skills and strong financial systems knowledge
- Ability to work hands on in small and growing business where all managers wear multiple hats
- Strong Excel skills, with experience in ERP systems utilization and reporting programs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively balancing multiple concurrent assignments
- Experience managing and coaching accounting function and team members.
Coolibar is an Equal Opportunity EmployerIf interested in this role, please submit your resume to Jobs@coolibar.com with the subject line "Corporate Controller".