Email Marketing Specialist
As an employee at Coolibar you are working to support the company mission to “Keep the world safe from sun damage, to protect those who suffer from a sun-related medical condition and to prevent everyone else from developing one”. You will be part of a team whose purpose is to develop and sell the best, most technical and elegant sun protective UPF 50+ clothing and products for people who want to live an active, outdoor lifestyle safely in the sun.
As the Coolibar Email Marketing Specialist you’ll be responsible for developing and implementing the email marketing communication strategies for all Coolibar external audiences (consumer, wholesale, strategic partners). Reporting directly to an eCommerce Manager, you’ll lead efforts to determine how, when, and what is communicated to customers via email, including promotional schedule, building out new segmented and recurring automated sends, establishing and enabling data requirements, developing journey and process flows, consulting and executing on email design creative, monitoring and reporting email performance. You will also assist with website-related marketing and reporting initiatives as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- PLANNING: Create annual email marketing goals and plans including developing strategies to grow email database, improve the email marketing communication user experience, and drive revenue and lead generation/conversion. Create workflows, estimate work efforts and establish KPIs and benchmarks for program performance utilizing multiple sources of data.
- EXECUTE: Manage, design, build, code (including HTML/CSS) and QA all email marketing communications deployments (single sends and journeys) through Coolibar’s email marketing platform to ensure deliverability and deliver on program goals. Meet with key stakeholders to understand objectives and provide recommendations. Manage list segmentation and ensure data extracts for email deployments are accurate. Test and QA all email deployments regularly. Improve performance through subject line testing and other qualitative testing methods.
- TESTING: develop and execute ongoing test plans for key email components including subject line, timing, creative, segmentation, frequency, etc.
- REPORTING: Supply Brand Marketing and revenue channels with actionable reporting and insights to improve program performance including engagement, deliverability, conversions, campaign performance, etc. Present insights and recommendations to peers, superiors and executive leadership.
- OPTIMIZATION: Manage and optimize ecommerce transactional emails to ensure consistency with brand messaging and broader email marketing strategy.
- CONTENT: Identify content opportunities and work cross-functionally to develop impactful content for an engaging experience that aligns with the Coolibar brand and delivers on goals. You will be hands-on with pre-rendered graphics and images to drive an on-brand content and customer engagement by strategically merchandising product and communicating promotions including collection launches, new products, sales.
- LIST MANAGEMENT: Contribute and manage development of segmented customer lists in collaboration with Director of Consumer Engagement. Understand legal requirements of maintaining email lists.
- TECHNICAL COLLABORATION: Partner with vendors to identify functionality and data enhancements and maintain long-term roadmap of improvements. Collaborate with internal IT team to manage prioritization of development tasks related to email platform and reporting.
- THOUGHT LEADERSHIP: Serve as company expert for Coolibar’s email marketing platform capabilities and setup. Monitor emerging industry trends to stay up to date on evolving email marketing tools and opportunities. Monitor competitive and best-in-class email communications to understand the landscape and other digital experiences of our email subscribers.
- ECOMMERCE IMMERSION: Work closely with eCommerce Manager to become well-versed in navigating our website’s key marketing tools, including Nosto (product recommendations) & Klevu (website search & category merchandising). Execute data pulls, conduct A/B tests, set marketing rules, provide detailed reporting & learn new skills as necessary.
- You’ll be working closely with all members of the Merchandising, eCommerce, Brand Marketing, Digital marketing and Creative Services teams and responsible aligning all key internal stakeholders with your proposed email strategies.
- The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and creative skillset as well as the ability to project manage several deliverables.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience preferred
- A passion for digital and email marketing with at least 2 years working with email marketing campaigns including brand and product introduction, retail promotions and re-engagement communications
- Strong understanding of digital marketing communications principles, including deliverability best practices, content marketing, subject line testing, user experience improvement, etc.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent data management, reporting and analytical skills
- Proven project management, organizational and time management skills, including ability to lead cross functional efforts and manage a variety of projects simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically, apply strong problem-solving and work independently
- High energy – must be a deadline driven, highly flexible, and a multi-tasking master
- A naturally curious mind; you’re not afraid to ask questions or change course as new information arises.
- Ability to proactively seek answers & make confident, well-informed business decisions autonomously.
- ESP experience, coding, (including HTML/CSS), campaign setup, QA and proofing emails
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint preferred
- Experienced in Zaius and/or Klaviyo is a plus
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and demands in order to achieve goals
- The right candidate will have the ability to quickly flatten a steep learning curve and a cheerful can-do attitude
Qualified applicants should send resumes to: Jobs@coolibar.com with the subject line "Email Marketing Specialist".
Coolibar, Inc. an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.