E-commerce Design/Front-end Web Developer
As an employee at Coolibar you are working to support the company mission to “Keep the world safe from sun damage, to protect those who suffer from a sun-related medical condition and to prevent everyone else from developing one”. You will be part of a team whose purpose is to develop and sell the best, most innovative sun protective UPF 50+ clothing and products for people who what to live an active, outdoor lifestyle safely in the sun. In this process of development, each employee will work toward speaking to the customer, meeting their needs and anticipating their wants through levels of coverage, supporting the development and sale of the best technical fabrics, used in elegantly designed styles across the end user groups.
The E-commerce Design/Front-End Developer is responsible for assisting in the development and testing web of applications, as well as maintaining and enhancing applications in the Magento 2 environment. Additionally, they will support promotional and CMS updates, analytics and integration tools and keep an overall eye on performance. A Design/Front-End Developer would handle both visual-oriented design details and the technical aspects of front-end development. This position reports to the E-commerce Manager, working closely with the E-commerce and Branding teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Execute coding, testing and implementation
- Creating visual elements for the site while having first-hand knowledge to make sure they work as desired
- Follow testing and development standards for browser compatibility and site performance
- Assist in identifying platform improvements (internal user facing) and user experience enhancements (customer facing)
- Work with additional developers to assist with the acceleration of development efforts, when necessary
- Handle content page update requests having customized presentation requirements
- Implement tags, data layers, and triggering rules through our third party tag management solution
- Continually and effectively communicate with team members and mangers on all issues and projects
- Provide general support for the eCommerce team for promotional or other website or CMS updates
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of eCommerce UI/UX, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions, accessibility standards (WCAG), and security
- eCommerce Platform – Adobe Commerce Cloud (Magento):
- Back end: preference for candidates who have familiarity with back-end languages and technologies such as PHP, GIT and API integrations (REST, GraphQL).
- Experience with components of Coolibar eCommerce technology stack:
- Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Website Performance Monitoring utilities (e.g. New Relic APM & Browser)
- Linux/LAMP Stack
- Photoshop/Adobe Suite experience
- Experience in a direct to consumer company would be helpful
- Ability to prioritize and communicate well
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Resourceful, quick and agile
- Friendly, self-motivated, goal-oriented, creative, professional, who can work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects concurrently, manage levels of priority and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with a minimum amount of direction
- Technical Capability
- Communication Proficiency
- Conceptual / Strategic Thinking
Qualified applicants should send resumes to: Jobs@coolibar.com with the subject line "E-commerce Design/Front-end Web Developer".
Coolibar, Inc. an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.