Job Title: Dir. Warehouse Logistics and Operations, Full-time, Permanent
For nearly 20 years, Coolibar (koo-luh-bar) has stopped at nothing to develop the most innovative, technical, and high performing sun protective apparel and accessories. In fact, we are the first sun protective clothing company to receive The Skin Cancer Foundation’s Seal of Recommendation.
OUR MISSION is to keep the world safe from sun damage, to protect those with a sun-related medical condition and to prevent everyone else from developing one. We believe everyone deserves the right to an active, outdoor lifestyle in the sun, so we promise Coolibar clothing and accessories are UPF 50+.
Coolibar, headquartered in Minneapolis, MN is a mission driven e-commerce retailer. A small company, Coolibar is a big retail success in providing sun protection for our global customers. Experiencing double digit business growth over the last 9 years, the Coolibar team has grown to over 85 full-time employees. While working at Coolibar, employees have the opportunity to learn and develop, while contributing to the company’s mission and success. Join us and grow with Coolibar!
Coolibar offers a solid benefits and compensation package including healthcare, life and disability coverage, 401(k) plan/match, PTO and employee discount on product. Relocation assistance available.
Dir. Logistics & Operations will provide management and leadership for the warehousing, distribution, inventory and returns functions related to Coolibar’s e-Commerce, Wholesale, and Marketplace (Amazon, eBay, etc.) channels. The position is also responsible for strategy and planning for warehouse operations as it relates to business growth, efficiency, and space utilization/planning and will provide thought leadership, execution and support our logistics roadmap.
This person reports to a Sr. Leader and works closely with the entire leadership team, currently has 4 direct reports, and manages a team of at least 35 during height of the busy season.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead all warehouse inventory management, distribution and returns operations and team members. Manage warehouse operations focusing on continuous improvement (planning, layout, product flow, product handling systems, etc.), increase efficiencies, quality and while managing costs.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all company logistic and supply chain issues related to transportation, production, and warehousing/inventory. Lead, build and scale all operational processes of logistics operations.
- Utilize WMS and ERP (SAP B1) system to drive efficiencies and business management. Act as SME for utilization of WMS.
- Provide Human Resources Management for warehouse/operations teams.
- Collaborate and work cross functionally with other Coolibar and IPM teams.
- Oversee facility maintenance, build-out, and management for all Coolibar (UPFG) facilities.
- Develop 3, 5, 10-year vision for warehousing, logistics and operations meeting needs of growing company.
- Manage vendors, suppliers and carriers for warehouse operations and facilities.
- Lead and manage safety and training company.
- Manage P&L for department/operation.
- Curious, self-starter, who likes to lead by example, big picture thinker with a can-do attitude, who communicates well and likes to learn.
- 10+ years of diverse experience in logistics, e-commerce distribution, or related leadership role.
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year university, preferred.
- Experience building and laying out efficient and effective warehouse facilities a plus.
- Solutions-oriented systems thinker with strong technical / systems competency and experience with E-commerce, ERP, and inventory/distribution systems.
- Proven leader with strong interpersonal skills - experience leading people and managing processes in a warehouse and/or distribution environment. Proven ability and experience in developing a strong rapport with team members.
- Competent and confident in working in an information technology intensive environment. Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and ERP / warehousing systems.
- Experience with safety programs and procedures.
Coolibar is an Equal Opportunity Employer: If interested in this role, please submit your resume to Jobs@coolibar.com with the subject line "Dir. Warehouse Logistics and Operations"