Employees at Coolibar support the company mission to “Keep the world safe from sun damage, to protect those who suffer from a sun-related medical condition and to prevent everyone else from developing one.” Our purpose is to develop and sell the best, most innovative sun protective UPF 50+ clothing and products for people who want to live an active, outdoor lifestyle safely in the sun.
We are looking to hire a skilled Web Developer to enhance and maintain our Magento-based online stores and the internal and external systems that integrate with them. As a Web Developer, you will be responsible for liaising with the IT, E-commerce, and Customer Care teams; developing and customizing modules; writing unit and functional tests; assisting with maintenance, upgrades, and security patches; and helping us to continually improve our software and processes as we grow.
This position reports to the Senior Web Developer.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code using best software development practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Assist with maintaining, expanding, and scaling our websites and integrations
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Cooperate with our brand team and Front-End Developer to match visual design intent
- Assist in identifying platform improvements (internal user facing) and user experience enhancements (customer facing)
- Develop and maintain process automation tools for internal project sponsors
- Continually and effectively communicate with team members, mangers and senior management on all issues and projects
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge and experience with web services (REST, GraphQL)
- Working knowledge and experience with PHP unit and integration testing (PHPUnit, Codeception, MFTF)
- Knowledge of Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics
- Experience in a direct-to-consumer company would be beneficial
- Ability to prioritize and communicate well
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently with a minimum amount of direction
- Technical Capability
- Communication Proficiency
- Conceptual / Strategic Thinking
Qualified applicants should send resumes to: Jobs@coolibar.com with the subject line “Web Developer”.
Coolibar, Inc. an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.