Job Title: Forecasting and Inventory Analyst Full Time, Permanent
For nearly 20 years, Coolibar (koo-luh-bar) has stopped at nothing to develop the most innovative, technical and high performing sun protective apparel and accessories. In fact, we are the first sun protective clothing company to receive The Skin Cancer Foundation’s Seal of Recommendation.
OUR MISSION is to keep the world safe from sun damage, to protect those with a sun-related medical condition and to prevent everyone else from developing one.
Coolibar, headquartered in Minneapolis, MN is a mission driven e-commerce retailer. A small company, Coolibar is a big retail success in providing sun protection for our global customers. Experiencing double digit business growth over the last 7 years, the Coolibar team has grown to over 60 full-time employees. Working at Coolibar employees have the opportunity to learn and develop, while contributing to the company’s mission and success. Come grow with Coolibar!
Coolibar offers a solid benefits and compensation package including; healthcare, life and disability coverage, 401(k) plan/match, PTO and employee discount on product.
Coolibar is growing and is adding an additional position to our Inventory Planning team. This position is great for someone who wants to utilize their current knowledge to learn and grow in the field of Inventory Planning for apparel.
The Forecasting and Inventory Planning Analyst supports the inventory and buying strategy, analyzing current and past inventory data to manage and develop the OTB process, manage inventory levels, delivery logistic and inventory recording. This person will spend time using sales and inventory data to forecast and plan for the buying of apparel, and must have experience with forecasting, planning and performing data analysis for retail sales. This is role works cross functionally with finance, merchandising, operations and senior leadership. This position reports to the Director, Inventory and Planning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly monitor sales and inventory and conduct in-depth analysis to identify inventory risks and opportunities by department, category and sales channel
- Review and understand sales reporting for assigned product lines in order to provide analysis, recommendations and commentary to management
- Understand and be able to speak to trends and patterns in customers’ purchase behavior to better drive sales and manage inventory levels, OTB and non-productive inventory
- Analyze historical sales data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by channel, department and class
- Review out of stock and on hand inventory reports and recommend actions to manage company stock level goals by inventory class/season code
- Collaborate with the merchandising team on assortment and inventory needs to create and manage purchase orders/quantities. Work with Director and team to ensure that purchases are inline with goals and strategies for cannels and lines
- Manage inventory levels to ensure appropriate in-stocks rates to minimize out of stocks and unproductive inventory
- Work collaboratively with merchandising, wholesale, marketing, and warehouse teams
- Review, update and maintain OTB inventory receipts on a regular basis to guarantee inventory is in line with company goals and strategies
- Use knowledge of systems, customers and internal/external processes to leverage the system, improving inventory processes and efficiencies
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 2+ years of progressive experience forecasting, planning and inventory in a retail environment
- Experience in Forecast & Replenishment (Manhattan Demand Forecast Inventory Optimization/JDA Demand/Manugistics), Financial Planning (JDA Enterprise Planning), and Allocation (JDA) or expertise in inventory merchandising systems. (SAP B1 is a plus)
- Strong retail math acumen, including elements of markup, margin planning, open-to-buy, inventory productivity measures (WOS, T/O, GMROI)
- Strong computer analytical skills, including ability to use complex query tools and create reports with database and/or spreadsheets. Advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Analytically strong, detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to multi- task
- Experience with problem-solving and resolving complex issues
- Strong project management skills and ability to complete projects on time
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to translate analytic data into strategic ideas
- Ability and desire to learn and grow
Coolibar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If interested in this role, please submit your resume to Jobs@coolibar.com with the subject line "Forecasting & Inventory Analyst".