As an employee at Coolibar you are working to support the company mission to “Keep the world safe from sun damage, to protect those who suffer from a sun-related medical condition and to prevent everyone else from developing one”. You will be part of a team whose purpose is to develop and sell the best, most innovative sun protective UPF 50+ clothing and products for people who want to live an active, outdoor lifestyle safely in the sun. In this process of development, each employee will work toward speaking to the customer, meeting their needs and anticipating their wants through levels of protection, supporting the development and sale of the best technical fabrics, used in elegantly designed styles across the end user groups.
The Graphic/Production Designer is responsible for creating and developing of both digital and print design for advertising, catalogs, email, social media, website creative, in-store signage, promotions and packaging aligned with the brand aesthetic and focus on End User Groups. This role develops and manages all phases of the creative process from concept through final files. This position reports to the Art Director, while collaborating significantly with the entire creative / branding team.
Duties and Responsibilities Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Create and execute print and digital visual design for consumer, retail and wholesale lines, supporting the marketing strategy of best sun protective clothing, technically elegant fabrics, end user groups, and levels of protection.
- Work independently or as part of the creative team, offer inspired creative ideas and solutions.
- Facilitate the creative process by presenting comprehensive and well-developed recommendations to meet the given objectives.
- Demonstrate a high degree of creativity and originality in concept and execution of the final product.
- Build digital and print files using a high degree of precision and attention to detail in concept and execution of the final product.
- Adhere to the demands of project schedules and be aware all relevant deadlines.
- Ensure visual and creative quality and consistency of Coolibar’s brand image and brand mission.
- Collaborate with other teams to help solve problems, find answers and meet final objectives.
- Independently identify issues and resolutions quickly and thoroughly.
- Build digital and print files with an attention to detail.
- Support brand and retail promotional email campaigns by producing emails in company email tool, deploying test sends and sends.
- Specific creative includes work across all disciplines from email to website, branding, social media posts, blog assets and more.
- Attend photo shoots as needed for product and/or lifestyle on location.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies
- BA in graphic design or equivalent related area
- 2-3 years combined experience working in graphic design/ production related industry experience preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Very strong knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign
- Art, font and style awareness
- Ability (and enthusiasm) for the creative and technical process
- Proven ability to prep complex and multi-page design projects for print
- Highly organized, deadline driven, and able to prioritize multiple tasks in fast paced environment
- Self-starter with ability and desire to work independently
- Strong interpersonal, communication, time management, file management, and organizational skills. Ability to communicate concerns and roadblocks and anticipate potential issues
- Collaborative, strong team player with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Resourceful, quick and agile
- Friendly, self-motivated, goal-oriented, creative, professional, who can work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects concurrently, manage levels of priority and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility in hours and schedule, including occasional weekends
Coolibar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If interested in this role, please submit your resume to Jobs@coolibar.com with the subject line Graphic/Production Designer