Job Title: Inventory (Forklift) Specialist – Full-time Seasonal
For nearly 20 years, Coolibar (koo-luh-bar) has stopped at nothing to develop the most innovative, technical and high performing sun protective apparel and accessories. In fact, we are the first sun protective clothing company to receive The Skin Cancer Foundation’s Seal of Recommendation.
OUR MISSION is to keep the world safe from sun damage, to protect those with a sun-related medical condition and to prevent everyone else from developing one. We believe everyone deserves the right to an active, outdoor lifestyle in the sun, so we promise Coolibar clothing and accessories are UPF 50+.
Coolibar, headquartered in Minneapolis, MN is a mission driven e-commerce retailer. A small company, Coolibar is a big retail success in providing sun protection for our global customers. Experiencing double digit business growth over the last 7 years, the Coolibar team has grown to over 60 full-time employees. Working at Coolibar, employees have the opportunity to learn and develop, while contributing to the company’s mission and success. Come grow with Coolibar!
Coolibar is looking for someone to fill a seasonal forklift / inventory position in our Warehouse team. Prior forklift experience is required. This position is day shift, full-time and will be schedule 5 days a week, including Sundays.
The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for performing daily inventory activities; including receiving, storing and replenishment of warehouse and pick and pack areas. Using company computer systems manage inventory: incoming, outgoing, adjustments, etc. Additionally, the specialist will coordinate, and complete work related to receiving activity and documentation. This position reports to the Inventory Supervisor.
- Responsible for accurate daily counts, replenishments and location audits, accurately recording those counts into the inventory system and making necessary system adjustments according to company guidelines. Report results to Inventory Supervisor.
- Responsible for receiving product, properly recording amounts, and entering product location into the inventory system. Perform inventory adjustments and transactions on warehouse inventory system.
- Investigate and determine the root cause of inventory discrepancies and suggest corrective actions to process/procedure to eliminate future occurrences.
- Assist in the process of receiving incoming materials; unload truck, check quantities received with packing list for accuracy, visually inspect items for damage and compare packing list against purchase order, alerting Merchandising of any discrepancies between the two documents.
- Receive product to bulk locations and document what action was taken, route vendor packing lists to the appropriate destination.
- Assist with the distribution and return teams as needed or directed, as the work levels in both distribution and returns will fluctuate.
- Perform daily cleaning activities at your personal work station and common work areas.
- Utilize warehouse related systems and hardware as needed, following all safety procedures related to the task and the safety of yourself and others at all times
- Help train and support other warehouse employees as needed.
- Perform other routine and ad hoc work activates as directed, this may include organizing and cleaning, setting up for all employee meetings, and other miscellaneous work related to office support and maintenance.
Schedule - Full-time days, including Sundays.
Key Skills/Qualities Required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Forklift experience required, Previous inventory control / warehouse experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software; Word, Excel, Outlook, Access.
- Ability to work on your feet most of the day. Ability to grasp, feel, push, pull, reach, and stoop, complete receptive motions and lift up to 50lbs.
- High energy, self-starter, able to work without continuous direction.
- Respectful, positive, and collaborative team member.
- Ability to work days, including Sundays.
Coolibar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If interested in this role, please submit your resume Jobs@coolibar.com with the subject line "Inventory Specialist”.