Job Title: Lead Inventory Analyst
Full Time, Permanent
Coolibar (pronounced cool-ah-bar), founded in 2001 by an Australian who knew the harshest of climates, has evolved to become the leader in sun protective clothing. Our mission is to inspire everyone to enjoy a healthy, active, outdoor lifestyle safely in the sun. With the most innovative UPF 50+ technical fabrics that block 98% of UV rays and elegant styles, Coolibar is sun protection you wear. Made for movement, fitness, and fun - lightweight, soft, breathable, moisture-wicking, fast drying, cooling, anti-microbial - Coolibar styles are designed for: WATER (water sports and swim), LIFE (every day casual wear), and GO (fitness wear). Our clothing is engineered to take on sun, saltwater, chlorine, sweat, stink, and heat, to never let you down. We can safely say get outside, we've got you covered.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, Coolibar is a growing company with 60 talented employees, demonstrating double digit growth each year for the past 5 years. It is also featured on the Internet Retailer Top 1000.
Coolibar continues to grow. We are adding a new position within our Inventory and Planning team. This is a great opportunity to join a growing, mission based company which embraces sun protection and outdoor fun and activity. Working onsite at Coolibar, you will be part of a team with the mission to "Keep the world safe from sun damage, to protect those who suffer from a sun-related medical condition and to prevent everyone else from developing one". We offer a wide-ranging benefit plan and paid time off.
The Lead Inventory Analyst supports Coolibar's inventory and buying strategy by analyzing current and past inventory data to forecast seasonal buys, manage inventory levels and perform inventory reporting. This is role works cross-functionally with finance, merchandising, wholesale, marketing, warehouse and senior leadership teams. This position reports to the Inventory and Planning Manager.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Regularly monitor sales and inventory, conducting in-depth analysis to identify inventory risks and opportunities by department, category and channel
- Collaborate with the merchandising team on assortment and inventory needs to create and manage purchase orders/quantities
- Communicate directly with vendors and logistics partners to track and maintain purchase orders for on-time delivery
- Manage inventory levels to ensure appropriate in-stocks rates to minimize out of stocks and unproductive inventory
- Work collaboratively with merchandising, wholesale, marketing, finance and warehouse teams on various routine activities and projects
- Review, update and maintain OTB inventory receipts on a regular basis to guarantee inventory is in line with company goals and strategies
- Utilize ERP system to maintain inventory information and generate reports
- Additional projects and tasks within inventory/merchandising as needed
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3-5+ years of progressive experience forecasting, planning and inventory in a retail environment
- Experience in forecast & replenishment systems (SAP B1 is a plus)
- Strong retail math acumen, including elements of markup, margin planning, open-to-buy, inventory productivity measures (WOS, T/O, GMROI)
- Strong computer analytical skills, including ability to use complex query tools and create reports with database and/or spreadsheets. Advanced understandingp of Microsoft Excel
- Analytically strong, detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to translate analytic data into strategic ideas
- Must be flexible, able to multi task and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills and ability to complete projects on time