Job Title: Sr. Forecasting and Inventory Analyst, Full Time, Permanent
For nearly 20 years, Coolibar (koo-luh-bar) has stopped at nothing to develop the most innovative, technical and high performing sun protective apparel and accessories. In fact, we are the first sun protective clothing company to receive The Skin Cancer Foundation’s Seal of Recommendation.
OUR MISSION is to keep the world safe from sun damage, to protect those with a sun-related medical condition and to prevent everyone else from developing one.
Coolibar, headquartered in Minneapolis, MN is a mission driven e-commerce retailer. A small company, Coolibar is a big retail success in providing sun protection for our global customers. Experiencing double digit business growth over the last 7 years, the Coolibar team has grown to over 60 full-time employees. Working at Coolibar employees have the opportunity to learn and develop, while contributing to the company’s mission and success. Come grow with Coolibar!
Coolibar offers a solid benefits and compensation package including; healthcare, life and disability coverage, 401(k) plan/match, PTO and employee discount on product.
As part of the Inventory Planning team, the Sr. Forecasting and Inventory Analyst supports Coolibar’s inventory and buying strategy by analyzing current and past inventory data to forecast seasonal apparel buys, manage inventory levels and perform inventory reporting. This role works cross-functionally with finance, merchandising, wholesale, marketing, distribution and senior leadership teams. This position reports to the Director, Inventory Planning.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Regularly monitor sales and inventory, conducting in-depth analysis to identify inventory risks and opportunities by department, category and channel
- Collaborate with the merchandising team on assortment and inventory needs to create and manage purchase orders/quantities
- Communicate directly with vendors and logistics partners to track and maintain purchase orders for on-time delivery
- Manage inventory levels to ensure appropriate in-stocks rates to minimize out of stocks and unproductive inventory
- Work collaboratively with merchandising, wholesale, marketing, finance and distribution teams on various routine activities and projects
- Working closely with other Inventory team members, providing guidance and sharing your knowledge and experience
- Review, update and maintain OTB inventory receipts on a regular basis to guarantee inventory is in line with company goals and strategies
- Utilize new ERP system (SAP B1) to maintain inventory information, develop and generate reports.
- Additional projects and tasks within inventory/merchandising as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 4-5+ years of progressive experience focused on forecasting in a retail environment (planning and inventory experience also required).
- Experience in forecast and replenishment systems (SAP B1 is a plus)
- Strong retail math acumen, including elements of open-to-buy, markup, margin planning, inventory productivity measures (WOS, T/O, GMROI)
- Strong computer analytical skills, including ability to use complex query tools and create reports with database and/or spreadsheets. Advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Analytically strong, detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to translate analytic data into strategic ideas
- Must be flexible, able to multi task and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills and ability to complete projects on time.
Coolibar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If interested in this role, please submit your resume to Jobs@coolibar.com with the subject line "Sr. Forecasting & Inventory Analyst".