Technical Design & Product Development Intern
As an employee at Coolibar you are working to support the company mission to “Keep the world safe from sun damage, to protect those who suffer from a sun-related medical condition and to prevent everyone else from developing one”. You will be part of a team whose purpose is to develop and sell the best, most innovative sun protective UPF 50+ clothing and products for people who want to live an active, outdoor lifestyle safely in the sun. In this process of development, each employee will work toward speaking to the customer, meeting their needs and anticipating their wants through, supporting the development and sale of the best technical fabrics, used in elegantly designed styles across the end user groups.
This is a paid internship with Coolibar. We are looking for a hardworking, flexible, enthusiastic individual to join Coolibar as an Intern during the Spring semester working anywhere between 10-30 hours per week. The person must have a very strong work ethic and can learn quickly.
During this internship you will assist in translating design vision to create clear, accurate and comprehensive tech/spec packs and instructions so factories can deliver products that meet Coolibar’s standards for fit, construction and quality. This position reports to the Sr. Technical Designer.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Attend sketch hand off from design to technical design and product development.
- Build and maintain technical packs including measurement sheets, detailed construction sketches, comments, photos, and product tracking.
- Prepare garments for fittings by taking measurements and reviewing patterns in Optitex PDS.
- Assist in live model fittings by taking notes, pinning/cutting garments, draping, presenting to cross functional team.
- Attend any cross functional team meetings to understand the full product lifecycle.
- Additionally, you will work with the product development team on tracking and monitoring fabrics, trims, etc.
- Course work and experience in Technical Design, apparel production, draping, and pattern making.
Coolibar is an Equal Opportunity Employer: If interested in this role, please submit your resume to Jobs@coolibar.com with the subject line "Technical Design & Product Development Intern"