Job Title: VP of Branding
For nearly 20 years, Coolibar (koo-luh-bar) has stopped at nothing to develop the most innovative, technical and high performing sun protective apparel and accessories. In fact, we are the first sun protective clothing company to receive The Skin Cancer Foundation’s Seal of Recommendation.
OUR MISSION is to keep the world safe from sun damage, to protect those with a sun-related medical condition and to prevent everyone else from developing one. We believe everyone deserves the right to an active, outdoor lifestyle in the sun, so we promise Coolibar clothing and accessories are UPF 50+.
Coolibar, headquartered in Minneapolis, MN is a mission driven e-commerce retailer. A small company, Coolibar is a big retail success in providing sun protection for our global customers. Experiencing double digit business growth over the last 7 years, the Coolibar team has grown to over 60 full-time employees. Working at Coolibar, employees have the opportunity to learn and develop, while contributing to the company’s mission and success. Come grow with Coolibar!
The VP of Branding is a critical member of the Coolibar leadership team, responsible for crafting a compelling brand story and creating a community around our brand and mission. Working closely with the CEO, you will serve as a leader in creating brand voice and creative expression, developing a cohesive and compelling brand across consumer touchpoints. Working hands-on, while leveraging your passion and creativity you will drive the brand, manage a high performing team and support our mission to Protect and Prevent. This leader is responsible for delivering our marketing goals through effectively managing editorial, creative, styling, creative production, design, PR and social.
The VP of Branding is the company’s brand champion and is responsible for the brand’s image, message and promise, infusing it into all parts of the company. The VP of Branding provides a comprehensive vision for the Coolibar brand, managing messaging, campaigns and content across the spectrum of brand communications - catalog, digital, social, PR and wholesale merchandising experience, specifically leading creative, brand design, public relations, digital, print and key messaging in areas like customer service.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Act as a leader in the achievement of the corporate mission through work and support of the Coolibar mission.
- Collaborate with senior management and department heads to develop short and long-term strategies related to the brand vision, marketing and other related initiatives.
- Effectively communicate brand direction in all business channels, as well as external communication highlighting the best technically elegant, sun protective clothing presented through end user groups.
- Lead and manage the brand and design team to ensure key understanding and execution of the brand themes of end user groups to ensure designs meet set goals and reflect seasonal themes, along with consistent design across the different sales channels.
- Develop overall brand strategy and concepts for Coolibar product lines to ensure that innovative, creative, thematic consistency and brand aesthetics are reflected in the different product lines and sales channels.
- Provides creative leadership, direction and inspiration to the branding design team in a manner that achieves key business metrics such as revenue, margin, productivity goals and deadlines.
Required Skills and Qualifications Overview:
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Marketing, Design or other related fields.
- A minimum of 15 years of successfully leading/creating product, art/design direction and/or corporate brand strategies, including agency and copywriting experience.
- Passion for and experience in directing a creative organization.
- Strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts.
- Conceptual abilities in both the creative and logical presentation of ideas and messages.
- Experience working collaboratively with senior management and with cross functional teams.
- A strong understanding of marketing communications
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and campaigns simultaneously in a high-work volume, quick-turnaround environment.
- Leadership and team building skills and experience in managing and motivating teams to high level results
- Ability to travel up to 20% per year.