Job Title: Wholesale Channel Assistant – Asian Market – Bilingual.
For nearly 20 years, Coolibar (koo-luh-bar) has stopped at nothing to develop the most innovative, technical and high performing sun protective apparel and accessories. In fact, we are the first sun protective clothing company to receive The Skin Cancer Foundation’s Seal of Recommendation.
OUR MISSION is to keep the world safe from sun damage, to protect those with a sun-related medical condition and to prevent everyone else from developing one. We believe everyone deserves the right to an active, outdoor lifestyle in the sun, so we promise Coolibar clothing and accessories are UPF 50+.
Coolibar, headquartered in Minneapolis, MN is a mission driven e-commerce retailer. A small company, Coolibar is a big retail success in providing sun protection for our global customers. Experiencing double digit business growth over the last 7 years, the Coolibar team has grown to over 60 full-time employees. Working at Coolibar employees have the opportunity to learn and develop, while contributing to the company’s mission and success. Come grow with Coolibar!
Coolibar offers a solid benefits and compensation package including; healthcare, life and disability coverage, 401(k) plan/match, PTO and employee discount on product.
As a Wholesale Channel Assistant for the Asian market, you will be trained to use your Chinese language skills to research Coolibar’s product representation and presence online within the Asian markets, ensuring that the Coolibar brand is reflected appropriately in this growing market. Additionally, you will work with the wholesale sales team on routine and special projects and Chinese speaking wholesale vendors.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Conduct online research and website analysis on web product content, brand representation, MAP pricing, and inventory, to ensure the look and feel of our brands online products
- Conduct online research and investigations on authorized sales, diverted sales, intellectual property, and counterfeit goods
- Identify sales trends and concerns as it relates to the Coolibar assortment and customer reviews and feedback
- Prepare reports regarding of your findings and other related issues
- Help to facilitate communication with Asian partners and others as Coolibar expands brand presence in Asian markets
- Assist wholesale sales team with ongoing customer order maintenance, order generation, shipping, billing, etc.
- Travel 1-2 times a year to Asia with International Director
- Assist with special projects and other assignments.
Required Skills and Qualifications Overview
- Bilingual in Chinese - Mandarin/Cantonese. Strong ability to read, write and speak in both English and Chinese
- College Degree preferred
- Experience with customer-facing work in an office or professional setting
- High degree of competency in online research
- Intermediate PC skills and proficient in Office, Windows and the Internet
- Results-oriented with strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task and prioritize projects
- Passion for international business, e-commerce, brand protection, or apparel sales a plus
- Professional demeanor with ability to contribute as an individual contributor and a collaborative team member
- Positive, enthusiastic and professional attitude
- Ability and wiliness to travel internationally
Coolibar is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If interested in this role, please submit your resume to Jobs@coolibar.com with the subject line "Wholesale Channel Assistant ".