Job Title: Wholesale Operations Manager
For nearly 20 years, Coolibar (koo-luh-bar) has stopped at nothing to develop the most innovative, technical and high performing sun protective apparel and accessories. In fact, we are the first sun protective clothing company to receive The Skin Cancer Foundation’s Seal of Recommendation.
OUR MISSION is to keep the world safe from sun damage, to protect those with a sun-related medical condition and to prevent everyone else from developing one. We believe everyone deserves the right to an active, outdoor lifestyle in the sun, so we promise Coolibar clothing and accessories are UPF 50+.
Coolibar, headquartered in Minneapolis, MN is a mission driven e-commerce retailer. A small company, Coolibar is a big retail success in providing sun protection for our global customers. Experiencing double digit business growth over the last 7 years, the Coolibar team has grown to over 60 full-time employees. Working at Coolibar, employees have the opportunity to learn and develop, while contributing to the company’s mission and success. Come grow with Coolibar!
Coolibar offers a solid benefits and compensation package including; healthcare, life and disability coverage, 401(k) plan/match, PTO and annual bonus potential.
Coolibar is hiring an Operations Manager for our Wholesale team. This position is a great opportunity for a team player who is good at managing work, time and people. A successful candidate must be pro-active and strategic in a fast-paced/changing environment.
The Wholesale Operations Manager is responsible for managing operations, processes, and team members of the wholesale department. This role’s responsibilities include implementing best practices, managing day-to-day operations, creating and managing sales and marketing processes and successfully collaborating with other departments/teams. This role manages the Wholesale Coordinator and Assistant, reporting to the VP of Wholesale.
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day activities of the wholesales’ coordinator and assistants.
- In partnership with VP, development and manage strategic plans for operational activity and channel growth.
- Manage wholesale customer setup and accounts within company systems, order entry and fulfillment process and related activities with finance, inventory, distribution, etc.
- Manage and create communications and collateral for the wholesale team. This includes targeted emails, new customer packets, collection workbooks, etc. Work closely with creative/branding on various communication and collateral projects.
- Develop, implement and manage administrative and operational processes and structure related to selling, system utilization, shipping, customer needs, customer needs, etc. Work closely with warehouse, inventory and other teams to drive operational success for wholesale.
- Prepare routine reporting for the wholesale and customer service teams.
- Act as power user of SAP B1 (ERP) and the CMS module. Ensure system is used effectively and that processes are documented and updated as needed
- Provide general operational and sales activity support for the sales and rep teams
- Oversee activities and preparation related to tradeshows.
- Act as liaison with all Coolibar teams as it relates to the business and the needs of the and wholesale team.
- Assist in managing projects related to development of existing and new channels, increasing revenue and driving growth.
- Hire, coach, and mentor team members, to develop their abilities, supporting the individual growth and development of the team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 6-8 years of progressive experience overseeing customer service / operations in a retail / wholesale environment.
- Experience directly managing people and their performance. Ability to collaborate and adapt leadership style to motivate and challenge team while reinforcing company culture, long term growth, and winning attitude.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; extensive exposure to senior leadership.
- Must be able to multi-task, be flexible and professional, while performing in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong MS Office skills and adaptability to new systems and software.
- Strong project management skills and ability to complete projects on time.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to translate concepts into actions.
Coolibar is an Equal Opportunity Employer