Coolibar Store Privacy & Security Policy
Last modified November, 2019
I. Information We Collect
- We collect information from You when You use the Website, contact or interact with us, sign up for our newsletter, make purchases, and voluntarily provide us with Your comments and other content in connection with using the Website.
- As part of Your access to and use of the Website, We may collect Your username or email address, and password.
- When You create an account, We may collect Your billing details, including Your first and last name, country, street address, city, state, and zip code, Your shipping details (if different from Your billing details), Your email address, Your account password, and Your payment information, including Your credit card type, card number, expiry date, and card code.
- When You contact us, We may collect Your first and last name, email address, telephone number, physical address, including city, state, and zip code, and order number.
- When You sign up to receive emails regarding new arrivals and special offers or join our newsletter, We collect Your email address.
- When You tag Coolibar on Instagram using #Coolibar, We may collect Your photograph and Your Instagram handle, and any other content You voluntarily provide, including Your comments and Your hashtags.
- When You purchase goods through the Website, We may collect Your name, billing address, shipping address, billing zip code, credit card number, credit card expiration date, CVV, email address, and other information sufficient for our payment processor to process the transaction and provide fraud screening, information security, and compliance.
- You may use some portions of the Website anonymously, though We automatically collect information regarding each user of our Website, including Your IP address, the domain name of Your Internet service provider, the Website features You use and the time of Your use, Your device information (e.g., device model and operating system version), and aggregated information that cannot be used to specifically identify You when You use the Website. Additional information collected is described in the Analytics and Cookies sections below.
- We may collect information about You from third-party sources, including vendors with whom We partner to make our products available to You. Additionally, the Website provides links to our Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter Pages. If You connect with these websites through the Website, We may receive personal information about You. If You purchase our products directly from Instagram, We may receive Your public information, as well as information required to complete Your transaction, such as Your shipping and contact information.
II. How We Use Your Information
We use the information that We collect for several purposes, including:
- The purposes for which You provided it;
- To provide the products You ordered (including, but not limited to, confirming Your order, processing and shipping Your purchase, notifying You about updates to our Website, and providing You with additional information about our products);
- To create or add to Your registered account;
- To provide information and services to You
- To process and respond to Your inquiries and comments;
- To feature photos of You enjoying our products;
- To process payment transactions (Your information will be used to submit Your payment information to our payment processor);
- To display relevant advertising;
- To send You information about Your relationship with us or about new projects or other information that We think You may find interesting;
- To administer, operate, and improve the Website;
- To personalize and enhance Your experience using the Website;
- To send periodic emails. If You choose, the email address You provide may be used to send You occasional news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time You would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, We include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email;
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and Website usage patterns;
- To analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Website;
- To compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- To prevent fraud and abuse of the Website and to otherwise protect users and visitors and our business;
- To assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas; and
III. How Your Information is Disclosed
- Facebook. By clicking on the Facebook button on the Website, You will be automatically transported to the official Facebook Page for Coolibar, https://www.facebook.com/coolibar
- Facebook Business Tools. We use Facebook Business Tools (formerly known as Facebook Custom Audience) and the associated Facebook Pixel to analyze user activity on our Website for remarketing and behavioral targeting. Facebook Business Tools link the activity of this Website with the Facebook advertising network and the Facebook Pixel is triggered to establish a connection with the Facebook servers when You perform certain activities on the Website. Facebook links the information with Your personal Facebook user account, and allows us to display Facebook ads to Facebooks users who have visited our Website, or Facebook users who share certain characteristics with visitors to our Website. Facebook may track Your activity over time and across websites. For more information about the data Facebook collects, please visit Facebook’s data policy at: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/update. For specific information about Facebook Pixel, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/651294705016616. While You can opt out of the collection and use of Your information for targeted advertising, You must be logged into Facebook to do this. Please visit: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads to opt out.
- Instagram. By clicking on the Instagram button on the Website, You will be automatically transported to the official Instagram Page for Coolibar, https://www.instagram.com/coolibar
- Pinterest. By clicking on the Pinterest button on the Website, You will be automatically transported to the official Pinterest Page for Coolibar, https://www.pinterest.com/coolibar
- Twitter. By clicking on the Twitter button on the Website, You will be automatically transported to the official Twitter Feed of Coolibar, @Coolibar, https://twitter.com/coolibar
- Business Changes. If We become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction, or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, We may transfer Your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
- Investigations and Law. We may disclose information about You to third parties if We believe that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, the rights, reputation, safety, and property of us, users or others, or violations of our policies or other agreements with us;
- Comply with the law or guidance and cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties;
- Respond to claims and legal process (for example, subpoenas); and/or
- Protect against legal liability.
- Aggregated Information. We may share aggregated information relating to users of the Website with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties. This aggregated information does not contain personal information about any user.5.
We may deliver advertisements to You. We may work with third-party advertising companies that help deliver these advertisements to You. To learn more about third-party online advertising and to opt out of certain types of advertising, please see: http://optout.networkadvertising.org.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies are small files that are transferred to and stored on Your computer through Your Web browser (if You allow it) that enable the website’s or service provider’s system to recognize Your browser and capture and remember certain information. You can instruct Your browser to stop accepting cookies. But, if You do not accept cookies, You may not be able to use all portions of all functionality of the Website.
- Persistent cookies remain on the visitor’s computer after the browser has been closed.
- Session cookies exist only during a visitor’s online session and disappear from the visitor’s computer when he/she closes the browser software.
- Flash cookies (also known as local shared objects) are data files that can be created on Your computer by the websites You visit, and are a way for websites to store information for later use. Flash cookies are stored in different parts of Your computer from ordinary browser cookies. You can disable the storage of flash cookies. For additional information about managing and disabling flash cookies, please visit: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html.
- Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. You can disable the ability of web beacons to capture information by blocking cookies.
We implement a variety of security measures to protect the safety of Your personal information when You enter, submit, or access Your personal information. Please keep Your account password secure to help ensure the safety of Your personal information.
While We take reasonable measures to protect the information You submit via the Website against loss, theft, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, We cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet, email, or mobile application transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Email or other messages sent through the Website may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the Website and take special care in deciding with which information You provide us.
We cannot guarantee that transmissions of Your personal information will be fully secure and that third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or the security measures of our partners. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION DUE TO TRANSMISSION ERRORS, THIRD-PARTY ACCESS, OR CAUSES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
Any information collected through the Website is stored and processed in the United States. If you use our Website outside of the United States, You consent to have Your data transferred to the United States
V. Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain Your information for as long as You use the Website and for a reasonable time thereafter. We may maintain anonymized or aggregated data, including usage data, for analytics purposes. We may retain and use Your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or for the period required by laws in applicable jurisdictions. Please note that some or all of the information We have collected may be required for the Website to function properly.
VI. Links to Other Websites or Applications
VII. Your Choices Regarding Your Information
You have choices regarding the use of information by the Website.
- Changing Your Information – To change Your information, You may log in to Your account’s control panel and go to the My Account page. If You are unable to log in to Your account, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Closing Your Account – You may close Your account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If the email account associated with Your email address is not active, We may close Your account without notice.
VIII. Information Collected From Other Websites and Mobile Applications and Do Not Track Policy
Your browser or device may offer You a “Do Not Track” option, which allows You to signal to operators of websites, web applications, mobile applications, and services (including behavioral advertising services) that You do not wish such operators to track certain of Your online activities over time and/or across different websites or applications. Our Website does not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that We or our analytics providers or other third parties with which We are working may collect information about Your online activity both during and after Your use of the Website
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from an individual under age 13. If You are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the Website. If You have reason to believe that We may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 13, please contact us immediately at email@example.com
XI. How to Contact Us
XII. Your California Privacy Rights
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of personal information the business has shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing us at Coolibar LLC, 2401 Edgewood Ave. S., Suite 400, Minneapolis, MN 55426.
XIII. Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Senate Bill No. 220 (May 29, 2019) amends Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes to permit a Nevada consumer to direct an operator of an Internet website or online service to refrain from making any sale of any covered information the operator has collected or will collect about that consumer. You may submit a request pursuant to this directive by emailing us at email@example.com. We will provide further information about how we verify the authenticity of the request and Your identity.